Nutritious Lehsuni Methi Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Taste, texture and nutrition – these Nutritious Lehsuni Methi Rotis gives you the best of everything. This is a soft and fluffy whole wheat flour roti with the strong flavour of garlic and the characteristic aroma and taste of methi. There is absolutely no maida used, and so you get a good amount of fibre from the whole wheat flour. Dry yeast gives the roti its awesome texture, and if you have it fresh and hot off the tava you don’t need any ghee or butter for cooking or brushing. Enjoy these low cholesterol rotis with your favourite subzi
- 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- ¼ cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 1½ tbsp of warm water in a small bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients along with the yeast-water mixture in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve hot.