Recipe type: Breakfast
A simple breakfast preparation made of poha and kabuli chana.
- 2 cups poha (beaten rice)
- ⅓ cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- For the garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Wash and soak the kabuli chana for about 6 hours.
- Pressure cook the kabuli chana. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the oinion and green chilli and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the tomato and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the kabuli chana, lemon juice and salt and mix well. Remove from the fire.
- Sprinkle some water on the poha to moistern it and add it to the kabuli chana mixture.
- Mix well and garnish with the coriander. Serve hot.