Sweet coconut and Oats Paratha
Recipe type: Breakfast
Coconut and sugar stuffed chapathi/Paratha with cardamom flavor can be had for breakfast or evening quick healthy snack.
- Cooking Oil To Fry
- Cardamom Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Sugar As Desired To Taste
- Coconut, Freshly Grated 100 Grams
- Oats 200 Grams
- Water (for Kneading) 1 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour 200 Grams
- In a bowl, add some whole wheat flour, little salt and add enough water to make soft dough. Knead well. Add one tablespoon of oil and again knead well until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes. You could also keep this dough in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 days and use when required. In another bowl, add oats, freshly grated coconut or even ground coconut, little cardamom powder for flavouring the parathas and sugar (adjust the sweetness to suit your taste).
- Add little water to this mixture and form into dumplings and keep aside. Now take little dough, make it into a small roundel and spread the dough into a small disc. Place one oats and coconut mixture dumpling on the disc (chapatti) and seal it properly. Unlike regular parathas, instead of using the rolling pin, press the dough gently with your fingers and spread the dough to a thin paratha (using little oil on the surface while pressing).
- Heat a tawa and fry the sweet coconut and oats paratha on both sides evenly adding little oil over the paratha until they turn slightly golden in colour. Remove from tawa and serve hot with honey.