Tasty Mor Kali
Recipe type: Breakfast
Mor Kali a traditional South Indian delicacy made from rice flour and buttermilk is a perfect tea time snack.
- ½ cup rice (chawal)
- ½ cup curds (dahi)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- salt to taste
- 2 chopped green chillies
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- Wash and soak the rice for 2 hours. Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the curds and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the rice mixture and stir and cook till the mixture forms a lump.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, then spread it on a greased thali or a clean dry flat surface greased with oil.
- Allow it to cool. Cut into square pieces and serve.