Recipe type: Breakfast
Amazing way to add extra proteins into you diet. The pickle masala gives it a wonderful kick and great flavor. We thank Archana for sharing this great recipe with us. Enjoy!
- Silken Tofu – 7 oz (200g)
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Salt – ¼ – ½ tsp (to taste)
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Asofoetida (Hing) – pinch
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves – ¼ cup, chopped
- Mango Pickle Masala – to taste
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Chapati Flour – 1½ cups (250g)
- Oil – for pan frying
- Drain the liquid from the Tofu and put in a bowl.
- Mash well with hands.
- Add in Green Chillies, Red Chili Powder, Asafoetida, Cumin Powder, Salt, Pickle Masala, Oil, Cilantro.
- Mix well.
- Add in Chapati Flour, little at a time and make a nice soft dough.
- Smear a couple of drops of Oil on the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a tawa on medium heat.
- Make portions of the dough and roll out the parathas.
- Place the paratha on the hot tawa and allow it to cook till you see bubbles form.
- Smear a little Oil and flip.
- Press gently and let the paratha puff up.
- Smear a little Oil on this side as well.
- Flip the paratha again and allow it to cook all the way through.
- It is ready to eat, serve immediately or store in an insulated container.