Zair – Lime Mocktail/Cocktail
Recipe type: Drinks
I encountered this drink in an obscure Doon Club in northern India in my teenage years – wasn’t allowed to drink alcohol. The taste, and especially the name (sounds like Zeher – poison), stayed in my memory. I finally recreated that excellent drink based on what I remember it tasted like.
- 1. Frozen Limeade concentrate (NOT lemonade)
- 2. 7up or Sprite or GingerAle chilled
- 3. Kala Namak (Black Salt) or Chaat Masala
- 4. Ice
- 5. Dash of Vodka – optional
- Partially defrost the frozen limeade and add 2 tablespoons of the concentrate to a glass.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of Kala Namak (Black Salt) or Chaat Masala
- Add a dash of vodka – if you want
- Add chilled 7up or Sprite or GingerAle
- Add Ice