Stuffed Dates with Christmas Fruits
Recipe type: Festival Special
Chocolate dipped dates with a spirited filling!
- 24 dates (khajur) , deseeded
- 1½ cups melted white chocolate
- 1½ cups melted dark chocolate
- For The Stuffing
- ¼ cup finely chopped tutti-frutti
- ¼ cup finely chopped cherries
- ¼ cup finely chopped white and dark raisins (kismis)
- ½ cup caramelised sugar
- ¼ cup alcohol (brandy , rum)
- For the stuffing
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bow; mix well and soak for 8 to 10 hours. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Fill each date with the stuffing and keep aside.
- Dip 12 dates in melted white chocolate and the remaining 12 in melted dark chocolate.
- Place the chocolate covered dates on a sheet of butter paper and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Store in a cool dry place.