Bear cake pops
Recipe type: Kids
Every plate will be left 'bear' after you serve this cute birthday party cake.
- 2 packets White Wings Golden Buttercake packet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 quantity basic butter icing (see related recipe)
- 26cm round cake board
- 3 cups Coco Pops
- 2 white Choc Melts
- 2 blue Smarties
- 1 red Smartie
- 120g packet black licorice strap
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 7cm deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan and line base with baking paper. Grease three ⅓-cup (80ml) capacity muffin holes.
- In 1 large bowl, prepare packet cake mixes following packet directions. Two-thirds fill muffin holes and spread remaining batter into pan. Smooth surface. Bake muffins for 20 minutes and cake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cooked. Allow muffins and cake to cool in pans for 5 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Add cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons milk to basic butter icing. Beat, adding more milk if required, until icing is spreadable.
- Trim top of cake to sit flat. Place cake in centre of board. Spread icing over top and side of cake. Cut a quarter from 2 muffins and position as ears. Position remaining muffin as nose. Spread icing over top and side of nose and ears.
- Press Coco Pops over cake, including nose and ears. Cover centre of ears with icing, leaving a small border clear.
- Using a little icing to secure, attach blue Smarties to choc melts and position as eyes. Cut out a triangle of licorice strap and position on nose. Cut licorice strap into 2 long, thin strips and position as mouth. Finish with red Smartie as tongue.