Chana Spinach Rice
Recipe type: kids
Chana and spinach will take your kids right to the top of their class' rank list! They are rich in folic acid, protein, calcium and other nutrients that sharpen one's brains. If you have cooked rice at hand, this dish can be put together in a jiffy.
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped spinach (palak)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup soaked and boiled kala chana (brown chick peas)
- 2½ cups Steamed Rice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, capsicum and tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chana and rice, mix gently and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.