Cheesy vegie muffins
Recipe type: Snacks
With vegetables for added nutrition and lots of cheese for flavour, these marvellous muffins make great after-school snacks.
- 225g (1½ cups) plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line twelve 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the carrot, zucchini and half the cheddar. Season with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Whisk the egg, milk and oil in a bowl. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared pans and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden.