Chewy apricot and pecan muesli bars
Recipe type: Snacks
Keep these tasty bars near at hand for a pick-me-up when your energy levels are low.
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2½ cups raw muesli
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 19x29cm baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the honey, sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the muesli, cinnamon, apricots and pecans in a large bowl. Pour in the honey mixture and stir until well combined and the muesli mixture is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray and flatten the surface with a spoon or the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set. Remove, set aside to cool completely then slice into bars and serve.
Cover tray with foil if browning too quickly.