Ham and mushroom pizza scrolls
Recipe type: Snacks
Please every member of the family with our 2-in-1 meals! These kid-friendly ham and mushroom pizza scrolls are designed to be prepared alongside our adult-friendly mixed mushroom, garlic and chilli pizza (see related recipe).
- 2 cups plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 40g button mushrooms, chopped
- ½ small zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato pasta sauce
- 40g sliced ham, diced
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- Combine flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add warm water and 3 teaspoons oil. Stir until dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle over a little extra flour. Knead for 1 minute or until dough forms a ball and is smooth. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 2 balls. Set 1 ball aside for use in Mixed mushroom, garlic and chilli pizza (see related recipe).
- Finely chop button mushrooms. Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a 32cm round pizza tray with baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough ball on a lightly floured surface, to make a 25cm x 35cm rectangle. Spread with sauce. Sprinkle with mushrooms, ham, ½ the zucchini and ⅓ cup mozzarella. Starting from 1 long side, roll up tightly. Trim edges. Cut roll into 6 slices. Place slices, cut-side up, on prepared tray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.