Recipe type: kids
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ tsp. white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- Crushed hazelnuts, for sprinkling
- ½ cup Nutella
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Coat a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, butter, vinegar and egg.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop batter evenly into donut pan.
- Place into oven and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
- combine Nutella and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thin, add more heavy cream as needed.
- When the donuts are done, cool for 10 minutes and dip the top into the glaze. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Allow glaze to set before serving.