Black Bean Soup
Recipe type: soups
A traditional mildly flavored mexican soup.
- ½ cup black beans , soaked for 5 hours and drained
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp hung curds (chakka dahi)
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow it to cool a little and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep pan, add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with hung curds.