Curd Shorba ( Healthy Soups and Salad Recipe)
Recipe type: soups
A classic combination of protein rich ingredients brought together in a delicious indian style soup. All you need to do is set the curds the previous day and then the soup can be made in jiffy.
- 4 cups fresh low-fat curds
- 1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 green chillies , finely chopped
- ½ tsp grated ginger (adrak) , optional
- 2 to 4 tsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Beat the curds, plain flour, turmeric powder and milk together.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, green chillies and ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add the curds mixture and salt, mix well and boil for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumber, mix well and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.