Instant Tomato Rasam
Recipe type: Appetiser
By popular demand from students and bachelors, here is a quick and easy recipe for Instant Tomato Rasam. In just a few minutes, you’ll be on your way to enjoying a steaming hot bowl of rasam. Have it as a soup or with some plain white rice…comforting!
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida – ⅛ tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Green Chilies – to taste, slit
- Whole Black Peppercorns – ¼ tsp, roughly crushed
- Garlic – 2 large cloves, roughly crushed
- Tomato Soup – 1 can
- Water – 1½ cans
- Tamarind Paste – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Rasam Powder – 1 tsp
- Cilantro – chopped for garnishing
- Heat Ghee in a pan.
- Add Mustard Seeds and let them pop.
- Add Asafoetida, Curry Leaves, Green Chilies, Garlic and Black Peppercorns. Mix.
- Add Tomato Soup and Water.
- Add Tamarind Paste, Rasam Powder and Salt. Mix well and allow it to come to a boil.
- Garnish with Cilantro.
- Serve hot as a soup or with plain white rice.