Lentil and Spinach Soup
Recipe type: soups
Steaming hot appetiser to awaken your senses! Both tomatoes and spinach are good sources of iron.
- 2 tbsp masoor dal (split red lentil), washed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped spinach (palak)
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 to 3 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp butter
- salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the onions, garlic and peppercons.
- When the onions turn translucent, add the masoor dal, tomatoes, salt and 2 cups of water and pressure cook till the dal is tender.
- When cool, blend to get a smooth purée.
- Add the spinach, milk and bring to a boil.
- Finish by adding the lemon juice.
- Serve hot.