Mexican bean and capsicum soup
Recipe type: soups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 400g can tomato pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 420g can Edgell Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Place oil, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add stock, tomato and tomato paste. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, capsicum and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with fresh basil leaves.