Tum Yum Soup
Recipe type: soups
A flavourful soup that is truly refreshing as the chillies, lemon grass and other ingredients unite to create a harmonious bouquet of flavours. Enjoy the freshness of succulent mushrooms and cauliflower that are simmered in this delightful stock which is irresistible.
- 5 cups Clear Vegetable Stock
- 1 green chilli, cut lengthwise
- 10 fresh mushrooms (khumbh), sliced
- 10 to 12 cauliflower florets, parboiled
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped lemon grass (hare chai ki patti)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- To serve
- Chillies in Vinegar
- Put the stock to boil.
- Add the green chilli, mushrooms, cauliflower, lemon grass and salt and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Serve hot, with chillies in vinegar.
You can also add other vegetables like broccoli and baby corn instead of the mushrooms.