Aloo Chaat ( Punjabi Khana)
Recipe type: Snacks
There’s hardly anyone who isn’t familiar with the delicious aloo chaat. It is a versatile dish that is prepared in many different ways by different people in various states. Here is punjab’s version of aloo chaat and in true punjabi style it uses loads of chaat masala, lemon juice, mint and coriander making it irresistible. An ideal snack to be served with tea or cocktails or as an accompaniment to a meal.
- 3 cups boiled , peeled and cubed potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) for the garnish
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the potatoes and cook till they turn golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, coriander, mint leaves and ginger and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water if required. Keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, prepared paste, chaat masala, lemon juice in a bowl and toss gently.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.