Aloo Masala Chaat
Recipe type: Snacks
Colourful and tasty.
- 1½ kgs potatoes
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 green chillies
- 40 gms pomogranate seeds (anardana)
- 25 gms ginger (adrak)
- 2 tbsp chaat masala
- a pinch carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 6 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- chopped corriander (dhania) for decoration
- Grate the tomatoes.
- Slice the ginger.
- Boil the potatoes and cut into big pieces. Apply the chaat masala, dhana-jeera powder and chilli powder to the potatoes.
- Roast the anardana and powder them.
- Heat the oil in a vessel, add the grated tomatoes and cook for at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Be sure that oil separates from the tomatoes.
- Add the green chillies and ajwain and fry again.
- Add the potatotes and cook on a slow flame.
- Add the powdered anardana and salt.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander.