Aloo Methi Tikki (kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
Recipe type: Snacks
The ever popular combination of fenugreek leaves and potatoes now in a tikki form
- 1 cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in ¾ cup water
- ½ cup bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for deep-frying
- For Serving
- green chutney
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and green chiliees and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, fenugreek leaves, dried fenugreek leaves, salt, garam masala, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a round ball.
- Dip each round ball in the plain flour-water mixture and lightly roll them in bread crumbs in such a way that the balls are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.