Badam Aur Arbi Ke Kebab (kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
Recipe type: Snacks
Rich and delicious, this is the perfect preparation to woo your guests with!
- For The Almond Paste
- ½ tbsp ghee
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- 1 tbsp blanched and peeled almonds
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup boiled and mashed colocasia
- ½ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- a pinch nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- a few strands saffron
- 1 tbsp khoya
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal powder
- 3 to 4 blanched and peeled almonds , broken into pieces
- 1 piece coal , for smoking
- oil for brushing
- For the almond paste
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 1 minutes,
- Add the almonds and cashewnuts and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Allow it to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and colocasia, mix well and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients including the almond paste and mix well.
- Heat the coal and carefully place it in a bowl. Place this bowl in the pan with the colocasia mixture and cover the pan with a lid. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the mixture on it with your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4”) long kebab.
- Brush each kebab very lightly with oil and cook them over the grill or over a charcoal barbeque till the kebabs are evenly browned (approx. 3 to 4 minutes) on all sides.
- Serve hot.