Baked Corn and Tomato Bread Cups
Recipe type: Snacks
Dainty cups filled with a scrumptious corn filling.
- For The Bread Cups
- 12 leftover bread slices
- butter for greasing and brushing
- For The Filling
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chillies , finely chopped
- 2 cups boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup grated processed cheese
- For the bread cups
- Remove the crust from the bread slices
- Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam them for 5 to 7 minutes in a steamer.
- Roll a little with a rolling pin and press into the cavities of a greased muffin tray.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in hot oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- For the filling
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes and green chillies and cook for 5 minutes over a medium flame.
- Add the corn and salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Fill a portion of the mixture in each of the bread cups, top with some tomato ketchup and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.