Baked Methi Puris
Recipe type: Snacks
Minimal usage of oil makes this recipe enjoyable to eat without the guilt of indulging in the original fried version of puris. These baked puris moreover provide for iron and calcium in your diet. These also make a great snack in your first trimester and can easily find place in a low calorie diabetic menu as well.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ½ cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp oil for greasing
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of about 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Grease a baking tray using oil, place 6 to 8 puris at a time on it and prick all over using a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the puris are golden brown, turning them once in between.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make more puris in 2 more batches.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.