Baked Mushroom Pancakes
Recipe type: Snacks
For the mushroom lovers. If you like, add a little wine while cooking the mushrooms.
- For the pancakes
- ⅓ cup plain flour (maida)
- ⅓ cup cornflour
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tsp melted butter or oil
- a pinch of salt
- For the stuffing
- 4 tbsp finely chopped mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ cup White Sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- salt to taste
- For the baking
- 3 cups White Sauce
- grated processed cheese
- For the pancakes:
- Mix the plain flour, cornflour, milk, water and salt into a batter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the batter onto a non-stick frying pan and cook on both sides with a little butter. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- For the stuffing:
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for ½ minute.
- Add the flour and green chilli and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and oregano and cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add salt.
- Add the white sauce and mix well.
- How to proceed:
- Spread 2 tablespoons of stuffing on each pancake and fold.
- Arrange the stuffed pancakes in a baking dish and pour white sauce on top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and bake in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.