Barramundi burgers with tartare sauce
Recipe type: Snacks
This elegant barramundi burger is topped with dollops of tartare sauce, avocado and watercress.
- 4 x 100g skinless barramundi fillets, pinboned
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup (50g) dry breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 bread rolls, split
- Watercress sprigs, sliced tomato and sliced avocado, to serve
- Tartare sauce
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 2 tbs chopped cornichons (see note)
- 1 tbs chopped capers
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Coat in the flour, then dip in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep heavy-based frypan over medium heat. In 2 batches, add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, for tartare sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Spread a little tartare onto bun bases, then top with watercress, tomato,
- avocado and fish. Dollop with a little more tartare and place bun lids on top. Serve with lemon.