Bean Sprouts and Veggie Wraps
Recipe type: Snacks
Broccoli, sprouts and baby corn combine well not just in taste but appearance as well. This recipe uses iron and fibre-rich whole wheat flour instead of maida to make the wraps. And when made with minimal oil, it is very weight-watcher friendly!
- For The Wraps
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- For The Stuffing
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ¼ cup onion cubes
- ¼ cup sliced capsicum
- ½ cup broccoli or or cauliflower florets , blanched
- 1 cup bean sprouts (readily available in the market)
- ¼ cup sliced and blanched baby corn
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with ¼ cup of water
- a pinch of sugar
- salt andfreshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- For the wraps:
- Combine the flour and salt and knead into a smooth and pliable dough by adding enough warm water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again till smooth and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into 175 mm. (7") diameter circle with the help of a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti lightly on both sides. Keep aside.
- For the stuffing:
- Heat the oil in a wok or a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic and sauté over a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, capsicum, broccoli, bean sprouts, baby corn and sauté for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour paste, sugar, salt, pepper and chilli sauce and simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Place a cooked roti on a flat, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing at one edge and roll it up tightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using ¼ tsp of oil, till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve hot.