Beans and Cheese On Toast ( Sandwich Cookbook)
Recipe type: Snacks
Beans and cheese on toast is an open sandwich that features canned baked beans, lettuce leaves and cheese. This delectable snack can be prepared using whole wheat brown bread to make it all the more wholesome.
- 4 slices brown bread , lightly buttered
- ½ cup processed cheese , cut into 1 cm. (10 mm) cubes
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 small can (225 gms) baked beans
- ½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt half the butter in a pan and add the dry red chilli flakes.
- Add the baked beans and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cheese, mix well and keep aside.
- Apply the remaining butter on th bread slices and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (350°f) for 2 minutes till each is lightly toasted.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each slice.
- Spread a generous portion of the baked beans and cheese mixture on it.
- Serve immediately.