Recipe type: Snacks
A delicious all-time snack.
- 10 leftover bread slices
- ½ cup thickly grated carrots
- ¼ cup curds (dahi), preferably sour
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ cup besan (Bengal gram flour)
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- a chutney of your choice for serving
- Remove the crust of the bread slices and crumble them into very small pieces with your fingers.
- Add the curds and a little water to soak the bread pieces. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the coriander, green chilli paste, chilli powder, besan and salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, drop spoonfuls of the mixture into it and deep fry on a medium flame till golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with a chutney of your choice.