Brinjal Fritters ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
Recipe type: Snacks
A unique preparation of chewy cheese sandwiched between brinjal slices. While serving, string the fritters and carrot slices on a satay stick, or top with an olive.
- To Be Mixed Together Into A Thick Batter
- 5 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 5 tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- water as required
- Other Ingredients
- 2 cups thinly sliced long brinjals
- 3 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- 3 tbsp grated processed cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp chilli powder for sprinkling
- oil for frying
- Combine the mozzarella cheese, processed cheese and green chillies in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a little of this cheese mixture on one slice of brinjal. Place another brinjal slice over it so that the mixture is sandwiched between the two slices.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame, dip a few fritters at a time in the batter and deep-fry till they are golden brown in colour from all sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper, sprinkle dry mango powder, salt and chilli powder on them and serve hot.