Carrot and Cheese Fingers
Recipe type: Snacks
Bread fingers are topped with grated carrots, cheese tomato ketchup and butter, and grilled until the cheese melts. Garnish them with veggies like tomatoes and cucumber, and serve as finger food. A lovely treat!
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup grated cooking cheese
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 4 slices of bread
- salt to taste
- For the garnish
- tomato slices
- Grate the carrots and mix with 4 to 5 tablespoon of cheese, 1½ tablespoon of butter, tomato ketchup, Tabasco sauce and salt.
- Toast the bread slices and spread the remaining butter on top.
- Pile the cheese and carrot mixture on the toasted slices.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and put under the hot grill till the cheese melts.
- Cut each toast into 3 fingers.
- Garnish with the tomato slices and serve hot.