Carrot, zucchini and parsnip frittata fingers
Recipe type: Snacks
Feed growing appetites with healthy vegetables - these carrot and zucchini snacks are great for the toddler on the move.
- Melted butter, to grease
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 80g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) grated green zucchini
- 60g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) Grated carrot
- 50g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) grated parsnip
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed,finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 40g (1/3 cup) coarsely grated jarlsberg or tasty cheese
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs plain flour, sifted
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a shallow, square 18.5cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Step 2
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, carrot, parsnip and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Step 3
- Combine vegetable mixture, egg, cheese, parsley and flour in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Step 4
- Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Lift frittata from pan and place on a plate to cool completely. Cut into 12 fingers to serve.