Chatpata Rajma Wrap (wraps and Rolls)
Recipe type: Snacks
Go all out on this wonderful rajma recipe that retains all the taste without being calorie-dense! the spiciness of rajma is balanced by rolling up this wrap with a chunky curd dressing. A protein-packed wrap, this helps you stay strong and healthy!
- For The Roti
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tbsp oil
- a pinch of salt
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- For The Chatpata Rajma Filling
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 cup soaked and boiled rajma (kidney beans) , lightly mashed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- To Be Mixed Together Into A Curd Dressing
- ½ cup curds (dahi) , whisked
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- ½ cup grated carrot
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 2 tsp chilli-garlic chutney
- 4 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- For the roti:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook the rotis on both the sides. Keep aside.
- For the chatpata rajma filling:
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp water and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup and rajma, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Just before serving, warm a roti on a non-stick tava.
- Place the roti on a clean dry surface and spread ½ tsp of chilli-garlic chutney evenly over it.
- Place ¼th of the prepared chatpata rajma filling in a row in the centre of the roti and spread ¼th of the curd dressing over it.
- Arrange 1 tbsp of spring onion greens over it and roll up the roti tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.