Recipe type: Appetiser
Chinese Noodles are yet another stop in our Indo-Chinese flavor adventure. Requiring minimal cooking time, these noodles are a quick and easy answer to “What’s for dinner tonight?”. Try this delicious stand alone meal.
- Noodles – 16oz pkt (approx 500 gm), cooked per pkg instructions (al dente)
- Sesame Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Onion – 1 small, sliced
- Carrot – 1 large, cut into matchsticks
- Cabbage – 1.5 cups packed, shredded
- Bell Pepper – ½ large, cut into strips
- Baby Corn – 8, cut
- Egg – 1 (optional)
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp or to taste
- Soy Sauce – 2 Tbsp or to taste
- White Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Hosin Sauce or any Chinese Sauce – to taste
- Red Chilli Sauce (Sambal) – to taste
- Green Onions – 2 stalks, cut diagonally – for garnishing
- Cook noodles per package instructions (usually 3-4 minutes), drain, rinse with cold water and toss with 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp Oil in a large wok style pan on HIGH heat.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Carrots and allow them to soften just a little.
- Add Cabbage, Bell Pepper and Baby Corn. Toss well and cook for 1 minute.
- Push veggies to one side of wok and break an egg in the pan.
- Scramble the egg until cooked and mix together with the veggies.
- Add Black Pepper and mix.
- Toss Noodles once before adding them to the pan.
- Add White Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce and Red Chili Sauce. Mix well to coat all noodles.
- Taste and adjust any of the sauces.
- Garnish with Green Onions and serve hot.