Dahi Sev Batata Puri Recipe
Recipe type: Snacks
Dahi Sev Batata Puri Recipe - A yummy chatpata chaat snack from Mumbai.
- 2 to 3 medium size boiled and peeled potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped (optional)
- a few sprigs of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup curd or as required
- ½ cup mint coriander chutney or coriander chutney
- ½ cup sweet tamarind dates chutney or saunth
- ¼ to ½ cup red chili garlic chutney
- 24 to 30 puris or golgappas
- nylon sev (fried thin gran as required
- red chili powder (optional) as required
- chaat masala as required
- roasted cumin powder as required
- black salt or rock salt as required
- Firstly prepare all the chutneys and keep aside.
- I have hyperlinked the recipes above and in the post. You can also make the chutneys a day before and refrigerate them.
- Boil the potatoes and let them cool.
- Once cooled, peel and chop the potatoes.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves finely.
- Beat the yogurt/curd with a wired whisk till smooth.
- In a plate, arrange the puris or golgappas. You decide the number of puris to be served in each plate. Break the puris from the center to create space for the potatoes and chutneys.
- Stuff the chopped potatoes in the pooris.
- Now add the chopped onions, tomatoes on top of the potatoes in the puris.
- At this stage you could sprinkle some chaat masala, jeera powder, red chili powder and black salt on the puris. This step is optional.
- Top the stuffed puris up with the green chutney, sweet chutney and red chutney. Top the chutneys as per your liking and taste.
- Add the curd/yogurt in each poori.
- Now again sprinkle all the four dry masalas i.e chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder and black salt.
- Add the sev on top in a way that each poori gets covered with sev. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Dahi Sev Batata Puri as soon as you make it as the puris become soggy if you serve even after a few minutes.