Mushroom Olive Crostini ( Healthy Snacks)
Recipe type: Snacks
A snack that will take you to the gardens of italy, this mushroom delight is loaded with nutrients.
- 6 whole wheat bread slices
- For The Topping
- ½ cup finely chopped mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- ¼ green chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- ¼ tsp french style mustard
- 2 to 3 black olives , deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp low fat butter
- salt and to taste
- For the topping:
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan; add the onions and green chilli and sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the corn flour and milk mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the cheese, mustard, black olives, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook till the mixture thickens. Keep aside to cool.
- How to proceed:
- Cut the bread into 50 mm. (2") diameter circles, using a cookie cutter. You will get about 6 circles.
- Lightly butter each bread circle on one side.
- Arrange the buttered bread circles on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the topping mixture generously on top of each bread circle. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.