Recipe type: Snacks
These savoury waffles are bursting with the goodness of ingredients like moong dal, fenugreek and paneer. Experience the benefits of protein, iron and calcium packed in this dish!
- ½ cup chilkewali moong dal (split green gram)
- ¾ cup chopped low fat paneer( cottage cheese)
- ½ tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- ¼ cup finely shredded spinach (palak)
- 2 tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp oil for greasing
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours and drain well.
- Add the paneer and green chillies and blend in a mixer and blend well to a smooth batter, adding little water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the fenugreek leaves, spinach, besan, asafoetida, soda bi-carb, sugar, oil and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions, pour a portion of the batter in a pre-heated waffle iron and bake until crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more waffles. Serve hot with phudina chutney.