Recipe type: Snacks
Paneer Amritsari is an excellent and popular dish from the Punjabi cuisine usually sold in many restaurants and Punjabi dhabas. Also made as a lip smacking finger snack at evening party time, It is one of the hottest favorite options among the vegetarians.
- Paneer 500 Grams
- Ginger Grated 1 Teaspoons
- Garlic Crushed 1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Finely Chopped ½ Teaspoons
- Carom Seeds(Ajwain Seeds) 1 Teaspoons
- Gram Flour ¾ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder ½ Teaspoons
- Garam Masala ½ Teaspoons
- Sugar ½ Teaspoons
- Kasoori Methi ¼ Teaspoons
- Oil 2 Teaspoons
- Take a paneer Cut into long finger size.
- Take a bowl add flour, salt, ginger garlic, turmeric, ajwain, garam masala & tandoori masala, and mix it well.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp water if necessary. Add ½ tbsp of oil, mix it well.
- Use 2 tbsp. mixture to marinate onions, and rest to marinate paneer cubes.
- Marinate paneer for 10 minutes.
- Either fry pieces or grill on a barbecue skewer or grill mesh till crisp and brown.
- Heat remaining oil, add onions, saute till light brown.
- Add marinate paste, stir well and cook.
- When dry add fried paneer, chilli, anardana powder, sugar, salt.
- Toss well. Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with mint chutney.