Paneer and Tomato Skewers
Recipe type: Snacks
Layers of delectably flavoured oven-baked paneer, neatly arranged with layers of tomatoes, basil and bread! make sure you make plenty of these colourful skewers as they're sure to be liked by all.
- 16 bread slices , with crust trimmed
- oil for brushing
- 1¼ cups paneer , cut into 25 mm. (1”) cubes
- 5 tomatoes , deseeded and cut into 2 mm. (1”) cubes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and to taste
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Cut each slice of bread into four equal slices, brush each slice with a little oil and toast in a pre-heated oven at 220ºc (450ºf) for 3 to 5 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, tomatoes and basil leaves in a bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice, dried herbs and 3 tbsp of coriander and toss lightly. Keep aside for 10 minutes
- On a skewer, arrange one piece each of toasted bread, paneer cube, tomato cube and some basil leaves.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make more skewers.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the paneer turns golden brown in colour. Serve hot garnished with remaining coriander.