Steamed Masala Vada
Recipe type: Snacks
Steamed Masala vada/ Tadka Pakoda is a healthier version of a deep fried masala vada/ fritter. Soaked split chana dal along with red chillies, ginger, onion, curry leaves, and peppercorns blended together gives an exceptional taste and flavour. The steamed vada are lightly sauté in a sizzling tadka to give that extra zest and bliss to the dish.
- Cooking Soda(optional) Teaspoons
- Peppercorns ¼ Teaspoons
- Curry Leaves 1 Springs
- Ginger, Finely Chopped 1 Teaspoons
- Onions, Finely Chopped ¼ Cup
- Channa Dal 1½ Cup
- Ghee 1 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice ½ Numbers
- Salt as To Taste
- For Tadka: Ghee - 1 tbsp Mustard seeds - 1 tsp Curry leaves - few Haldi - ½ tsp Hing (asafoetida) - a pinch Freshly grated coconut - 3 tbsp Salt - little Lime juice - 1 tbsp Sugar - 1 tsp Method: Wash and soak the channa dal in water for 3 to 4 hours. Drain the water and keep aside.
- In the mixie jar, add red chillies, onions, ginger, curry leaves, peppercorns, salt, channa dal and a pinch cooking soda and grind to a coarse paste.
- Remove the mixture into a bowl and add little ghee and lime juice and mix well.