Green curry paste
Recipe type: tips
Dark, glossy kaffir lime leaves are perfect for this Thai-style curry paste.
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 long fresh green chillies, thinly sliced
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 stems lemon grass, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 French shallots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Place the kaffir lime, garlic, chilli, ginger, lemon grass, shallot and coriander in a mortar and pound with a pestle until finely crushed.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add water and oil and process until a coarse paste forms. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
For recipes classified gluten free, please always check your ingredients to ensure they do not contain gluten.