Recipe type: Tips
Learn how to make Ukkera recipe at home. A very easy and age old traditional medicine(mandu) for cold and cough(jalubu and dhaggu) , easy to prepare and VERY TASTY for a MEDICINE :-) This dish may be used both as a medicine or a breakfast dish. If you find this Ukkera recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Ukkera recipe, so that any one can make this Ukkera very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Ghee - 5 teaspoons
- Jeelakarra - 1 ts
- Ground black pepper powder(miriyala podi) - ½ ts
- Turmeric Powder - ½ ts
- Cooked Rice - 1 cup (can say 4 chinna garitelu of annam)
- Salt - to taste
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan/baali`.
- Once the ghee is real hot, add the jeera and let it pop for 10 seconds.
- Now add the pepper powder (prefarbly home made fresh miriyala podi from the shaker, anyway for ½spoon of it, can use pepper powder from a bottle though) and let it sit in the hot pan for a minute.
- It's the turmeric powder's time now, add it to the pan and mix these well.
- Finally add the ANNAM to the baali and salt too. (Freshly cooked rice is prefered, but not necessary, chaddannam is also fine)
- Mix it thoroughly for another 2 mins or so with the stove still on.
- Serve hot to the person with cold symptoms; it tastes like a great relief then. This dish serves its purpose when eaten within 5 minutes of preparation!!! Try eatin it for 2-3 consecutive nights, that bad "kich kich" feeling in the throat will be gone!
- This recipe is from my ammamma's ammamma to her and from her to me.