Baby Corn and Paneer Jalfrazie
Recipe type: Curries
Baby corn cooked up in the traditional jalfrazie gravy of capsicum and onions.
- ¾ cup baby corn , cut into 4 lengthwise and blanched
- 1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 25 mm. (1") strips
- ¼ cup thinly sliced spring onions whites
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green capsicum
- ¼ cup thinly sliced yellow capsicum
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red capsicum
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- ½ cup thinly sliced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- ¼ tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- Heat the oil in a wok/kadhai, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green, red and yellow capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the capsicum turn a little soft.
- Add the baby corn, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, tomatoes, tomato ketchup, tomato purée, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, garam masala, vinegar, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onion greens and a little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.