C – Chutney
Recipe type: Pickles
This simple chutney (or Raita for some) is a dish that is packed with flavor, texture and color…and and many more pleasent surprises along the way. A perfect accompliment to Tomato Rice, Khichadi, any Pulao or for that matter ANY rice dish. Enjoy the cruch in your food!
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1 cup, well-beaten
- Cilantro – 10 sprigs
- Green Chili – to taste
- Fresh Shredded Coconut – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chili – 1
- Curry Leaves – few
- Cucumber – ½ cup (chopped to small cubes)
- Grind the Cilantro, Green Chili, Coconut to a smooth paste with a couple of spoons of Yogurt.
- Add that to the balance of the yogurt.
- Mix well and add in the Cucumber and Salt (to taste).
- For the seasoning, in a small skillet, heat Oil on medium heat.
- Once the Oil is hot, add in the Mustard Seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Dry Red Chili (keep it whole of you don’t want it too spicy).
- Add in the Curry Leaves, cook for 20 seconds and turn the flame off.
- Add the seasoning to the Yogurt Chutney.
- Ready to serve.