Recipe type: Curries
Gobi Makhani or Gobi Butter Masala is another of the popular “Makhani or Butter Masala” recipes. Any “Makhani” dish speaks eloquently of the magnificence of the Indian cuisine. They all have a stately aura around them. In today’s recipe, the cauliflower slices are marinated with youghurt and pan fried in a fragrant and silky makhani sauce draped with cream.
- Cauliflower (big Pieces) 2 Numbers
- Sugar 1 Teaspoons
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Whole Garam Masala (each) 4 Grams
- Tomatoes 500 Grams
- Kasoori Methi Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Butter ¼ Cup
- Salt To Taste
- Green Chilly 25 Grams
- Kashmiri Red Chilly 75 Grams
- Cashew Nuts 50 Grams
- Onions 150 Grams
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Corn Starch 1 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour 1 Teaspoons
- Pepper Crushes ½ Teaspoons
- Add whole garma masala in the muslin cloth and tie it .Heat butter in a pressure cooker and put the garam masala sachet in it, add onions cashew nuts, sauté it for 5 minutes, then add salt, ginger garlic paste, cook this till raw flavour is gone.
- Add colour giving chilli or Kashmiri red chilly, green chilly, tomatoes, mix it well and put the lid on and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a slow flame (5 to 6 whistles). Let it cool down, remove the sachet & using strainer drain out the water and put the onion and tomato into the blender and blend them and make a paste and again strain it, after straning all, discard the seeds and peels of tomato. Cook the strained paste of tomatoes and onions for 20 minutes then add salt, sugar as required , mix it and add toasted kasoori methi (cursh it with hands) once it comes to boil switch off the flame. Cool it and store in small containers in refregeration conditions. Use this makhani gravy in many veg and non veg dishes.
- Take cauliflower big pieces; blanch it in the salt water. Take a plate add corn starch, all purpose flour, crush pepper, coriander powder, salt, add water make a paste, and coat the mixture into the cauliflower and shallow fry them on both sides till golden in colour and transfer it into the another plate. In the same pan add some makhani gravy, add butter and fried cauliflower pieces, cook this for 2 minutes and add cream mix this along with makhani gravy. Serve this with pulka, naan, roti and chapathi.