Coriander (Dhaniya) Chutney
Recipe type: Pickles
Coriander, aka Cilantro and Dhaniya is a very commonly used garnish in South Asian Cooking. It is only natural to then go a step further and also use it to make Coriander Chutney. Versatile with a very fresh and light flavor, it is used as a dipping sauce with pakodas, samosas, dhokla amongst many others.
- Cilantro/Dhaniya/Coriander – big bunch
- Jalapeno – 5-6 or to taste
- Bell Pepper – 1
- Chat Masala – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Lime/Lemon Juice – 1.5 tsp or to taste
- Ginger – 1″ pc
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Add all the ingredients (except Oil) into a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Keep pushing down the chutney to help with the grinding process.
- Add the Oil right at the end for a fnal whirl to preserve the green color.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze till ready to consume.