Corn ki Subzi
Recipe type: Curries
Corn is one of the extensively cultivated crops in rajasthan. The yellow sweet corn used in this recipe provides a slightly sweet taste to this vegetable which is favoured by many people.
- ¾ cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- ½ cup curds , whisked
- 1 tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- To Be Ground Together Into A Paste
- 1 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp grated garlic (lehsun)
- Combine the curds and besan in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds, nigella seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared onion-ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, green-chilli paste, prepared curd-besan mixture and corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve hot garnished with chapatis.