Creamy Corn Masala
Recipe type: Curries
Freshly shelled corn is fried in little ghee and cooked in milk till soft. Then ground poppy seeds paste is added to the corn and reduced till it comes together. Finally garam masala is added to it before removing from heat. Serve creamy corn masala with roti, pulka etc.
- Shelled Fresh or Frozen Corn 1½ Cups
- Milk 1 Cup
- Poppy Seeds 2 tbsps
- Garam Masala ¼ tsp
- Garlic 3 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Ghee ½ tsp
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Soak poppy seeds in minimum amount of water for couple of hours.
- Grind the soaked poppy seeds along with garlic into smooth paste.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add ghee and shelled corn.
- Fry for a minute or two, then add milk.
- Boil till milk reduces to almost half the quantity.
- Then stir in ground poppy seeds paste and salt.
- Alternatively, pressure cook the shelled corn along with milk for a whistle.
- If the corn is not too soft, cook for some more time.
- When the corn comes together a little, stir in garam masala.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve creamy corn masala with roti etc.
Make sure to soak the poppy seeds well. Suggestions: If the corn is not cooked well, put back on heat and cook for few more minutes till done.