Garlic Chutney (Dry)
Recipe type: Pickles
Dry Garlic Chutney (lasoon chutney) is a signature condiment for Vada Pav, but don’t limit yourself with this very versatile and all purpose chutney recipe. Try it with Pav Bhaji or instead of pickle with your next meal. Garlic chutney can be rolled with a plain chapati or roti for a little snack on the go. Garlic lovers…this one’s for you!
- Dry Shredded Coconut – 1 cup
- Sesame Seeds – ¼ cup
- Dry Red Chilies – 4 or to taste, dry roasted
- Roasted Salted Peanuts – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 bulb (approx 15 cloves)
- Tamarind Paste – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Roast Coconut on medium heat until it begins to turn golden. Remove from pan and keep aside to cool.
- In the same pan, roast Sesame Seeds in the same manner. Remove from pan and keep aside to cool.
- In a food processor, add Roasted Dry Red Chilies and Roasted Peanuts and lightly pulse.
- Add in remaining ingredients: Garlic, Coconut, Sesame Seeds, Salt, Tamarind Paste. Grind until you get a uniform texture.
- Adjust salt or tamarind and pulse the food processor until mixed.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Keeps fresh for up to 2 weeks.